Sunday, February 11, 2007

Two Dancers - a new card.



This is my latest Valentine's Day card design. It is a a drawing that I colorized in photoshop. I don't often make images from drawings like this. You can find it in my Shop.

It's really fun to work with line like this! I'm also very happy to be making a figurative images too. Even if it is a simple image, it is a start. I used to work with figure regularly back when I was in school at Humboldt State University. Here is the link to my figurative art page on my main site, in case you are interested. I did work on some more ambitious narrative paintings back then. But I haven't ever gotten around to getting digital photos. Sorry.

It is an interesting challenge to depict love. It has been done so much that one truly finds themselves picking through a mine feild of cliches. However, I do think it is worth the risks. What other subject is more relevant to us?

No comments:

Post a Comment