Monday, December 12, 2011

Two Portraits of Chelsea by Andrew Daniel

"Chelsea in Red" oil on canvas 9" x 12"
This was the first painting I made of Chelsea at a figure group. It was a lot of fun painting her red dress. I rarely do figurative portraits, but I had just gotten some small brushes I wanted to play with and the dress she showed up in was quite special. So I had to give it a try!


"Chelsea" oil on wood panel 10" x 8"

This is the second of two portraits I created at a figure group that was meeting Fran Kuta's studio. I was playing around with saturating the colors to create bold form and strong shadows. It was really fun to paint in with these thick brush strokes and I was surprised by the result!

You can find these as well as others in my online shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment