Sunday, August 19, 2018

Pierson Horse Barn



My show at the Garden Gate in Arcata is still up until Sept. 4th. In this piece I set out to break a long streak of overworked paintings. My goal was to work through this piece from start to finish in one morning. So, I ended up painting this in two coats, a thin coat, and then a thick one. It felt good. It felt right. I think I’m going to continue on in the same vane for a while. Small works. Done economically.


Today I was excited to paint the horse barn on the Cathy Ray Pierson and Hank Pierson Property, (thank you Cathy for inviting us!) It was so fun getting together with the Sunday Paintout Group today. Painting alongside Burleigh Wilson and Richard R Stockwell and getting to know them better! “Pierson Horse Barn” oil on canvas

Available from the artist

$400

No comments:

Post a Comment