Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Gearheart Marsh Reflections


"Gearheart Marsh Reflections" by Andrew Daniel
20" x 30" oil on wood
available via email or at North Coast Open Studios

This piece was recently finished in time for North Coast Open Studios. I'm very excited about my new landscapes. For a long time I have wanted to get into painting larger landscapes. With this one, I am finally feeling like I can make the whole large painting flow together smoothly. 

I started this piece last fall, excited by the reflections of the clouds in the foreground. I visited the spot several times, starting with fall oranges, then eventually covering them over with spring colors….

It was so fun coming back so many times, and discovering new subtleties to put in. It was a let down when I was finally finished, because the painting spot had come to feel like home over the months of the project! 

Come drop by my studio to see it and many other pieces, including my back room full of marked down paintings from the past.

North Coast Open Studios May 31st, June 1st, June 7th, & June 8th from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm


1885 Zehndner Ave Arcata, CA

No comments:

Post a Comment