Sunday, September 02, 2018

Surf at the Mouth of the Klamath



Opening today(Sunday Sept. 2nd) at the Westhaven Center for the Arts from 1pm to 4pm. The Representational Art League will be doing a group show there until Oct. 27th. This is our big show for the year; each member was invited to bring 5 pieces, so it ought to be an interesting display. 


This piece was a break through for me. I decided to go back to working smaller(11” x 14”), so that I could really work on getting my technique to flow. Often, I meet with John Craater to paint, if the weather is poor, then we paint from his big screen monitor in his studio. The source photo was one of his, taken at the mouth of the Klamath. I really liked being able to go after the vivid warm earth tones on the rocks, and set them off against the crashing surf! Sometimes if a source is challenging enough, I have to turn of my analytical brain and just trust in the process in order to get through it!

No comments:

Post a Comment